AH64D Apache Longbow is basically fielded with dual configurations. AH64D Apache Longbow with full up features include enhancements that was stated previously. Aside from that, there is also non-fielded version of AH64D Apache Longbow. This is a version which lacks capabilities to receive RFI or radar Frequency Interferometer or also known as the enhanced engines. However, this has the capability to receive Longbow modifications. AH64D without FCR has the ability to launch Longbow Hellfire missile. To sum, there is already approximately 501 AH64D Apache Longbow that was upgraded. Out of 501, the 227 of it was already been loaded with FCR.
Apache AH64D Longbow – One of the best and modern Weapons of the military in the world!
Being one of the best military weapons, AH-64D Longbow Apache (LBA) will provide you with the best information transfer capabilities. Examples of these are target handover, battle damage reports, SPOTREPs, SITREPs and the real images or pictures of the battlefield. This is specifically possible because of its IDM. When we speak of IDM, this is basically a form of device that will provide you with backward capabilities to your OH-58D airborne target hand-over system (ATHS) as well as to the TACFIRE or tactical fire. Because of the integration of TACFIRE, AH64D Apache Longbow has the ability to transfer all the information needed to the TACFIRE which is important for fast suppression. Aside from that, IDM will also supply you with the ability to transmit FRAGO’s or also called as fragmentary orders, graphic changes, graphic upgrades, friendly or enemy locational updates and all other special information. Because of this property it will enable proper reshaping of the battlefield. AH64D Apache Longbow is also mounted with DTM or Data Transfer Module. This is pertinent when it comes to the uploading of mission information as well as stimulates aircraft systems intended for the battle. These are just among of the features why AH64D Apache Longbow is one of the in demand weapons of the military.
As one of the best military weapons, there are also improvements in terms of the FCR of AH64D Apache Longbow. Because of the enhancement in this aspect, there is improvement when it comes to the weather fighting capabilities of this helicopter. Specifically, this will supply you with fire and forget skills as well as increased in the acquisition of your target. Since this is the case, it will definitely lead to the increase in battlefield survivability and effectiveness. In addition to this, AH64D Apache Longbow will also offer you with excellent detection and classification of 128 targets, able to recognize dangerous targets and send data to your other colleagues in order to begin precise attacking. These features can be performed with just a maximum of 30 seconds.AH64D Apache Longbow is considered as among of the best modern weapons since this will surely increase the effectiveness of your battle. Precisely, this will provide you with flexibility in terms of its digital electronics as well as BITE or on-board Built-In Test Equipment. Combat effectiveness can also be achieved since AH64D Apache Longbow offers enhancements in terms of ATE or Automatic Test Equipment and IETM or Interactive Electronic Technical Manual. That is not just enough because there are also some upgrades when it comes to the navigational system of the AH64D Apache Longbow as well as other elements that will affect the results of the battle.
Due to the combination of the FCR LBHMMS and the Apache aircrafts will surely enhance your awareness of the battlefield. This is possible because of the ability of AH64D Apache Longbow to provide you with increase coverage of the battlefield. Moreover, this will also reduce the operational dependence on the elements of the battlefield as well as weather conditions. The display of the targets are very much fast. As one of the best modern weapons, AH64D Apache Longbow also offers you with improvements in its fighting capabilities and survivability. This is possible since there are features in AH64D Apache Longbow providing you with detection enlargement features, fire-and-forget weapon delivery system as well as navigational aids.
These are just among of the reasons why AH64D Apache Longbow is considered as one of the best and modern weapons of the military. This is considered as among of the most common and in demand modern weapons from different military groups from all parts of the world. Being part of the best military and modern weapons, AH64D Apache Longbow will surely make every cent of the goverment investment worthy.
- Crew: 2 (pilot, and co-pilot/gunner)
- Length: 58.17 ft (17.73 m) (with both rotors turning)
- Rotor diameter: 48 ft 0 in (14.63 m)
- Height: 12.7 ft (3.87 m)
- Disc area: 1,809.5 ft² (168.11 m²)
- Empty weight: 11,387 lb (5,165 kg)
- Loaded weight: 17,650 lb (8,000 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 23,000 lb (10,433 kg)
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric T700-GE-701 and later upgraded to T700-GE-701C (1990–present) & T700-GE-701D (AH-64D block III) turboshafts, -701: 1,690 shp, -701C: 1,890 shp, -701D: 2,000 shp (-701: 1,260 kW, -701C: 1,490 kW, -701D: 1,490 kW) each
- Fuselage length: 49 ft 5 in (15.06 m)
- Rotor systems: 4 blade main rotor, 4 blade tail rotor in non-orthogonal alignment
- Never exceed speed: 197 knots (227 mph, 365 km/h)
- Maximum speed: 158 knots (182 mph, 293 km/h)
- Cruise speed: 143 knots (165 mph, 265 km/h)
- Range: 257 nmi (295 mi, 476 km) with Longbow radar mast
- Combat radius: 260 nmi (300 mi, 480 km)
- Ferry range: 1,024 nmi (1,180 mi, 1,900 km)
- Service ceiling: 21,000 ft (6,400 m) minimum loaded
- Rate of climb: 2,500 ft/min (12.7 m/s)
- Disc loading: 9.80 lb/ft² (47.9 kg/m²)
- Power/mass: 0.18 hp/lb (0.31 kW/kg)
- Guns: 1× 30 × 113 mm (1.18 × 4.45 in) M230 Chain Gun with 1,200 rounds
- Hardpoints: Four pylon stations on the stub wings. Longbows also have a station on each wingtip for an AIM-92 ATAS twin missile pack.
- Rockets: Hydra 70 air-to-ground rockets
- Missiles: Typically AGM-114 Hellfire variants; AIM-92 Stinger may also be carried.
- Lockheed Martin / Northrop Grumman AN/APG-78 Longbow fire-control radar (Note: can only be mounted on the AH-64D)